According to Corre my people refer to our mothers as "moms." Example "Moms and I went to Hollywood Park on Mother's Day."
Speaking of Mother's Day and my people, I bought three Mahogany cards on Mother's Day. Mahogany is Hallmark's African American line of cards. They were awesome. First they all refer to Mom as "Mama" and second they just say the most amazing things! No joke. Like the one I got my aunt basically said "You always taught me not to take anyone's crap." My grandma's talked about how black women hold their families together and my mom's was just mushy, but talked about how "I never noticed how my shoes were always newer than yours..." and stuff like that.
My conclusion...everyone from here on out, black or not, gets Mahogany cards.
I love my people.
(This includes my white people too for all of you who always get all bothered when I say that!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Haha Moms... I love it.
nothin like my jr cash.
Post a Comment