Tuesday, November 25, 2008

And then there were three...

Chicago blogs that is. This is the last one about my trip. It's family time! I spent the last three days of my trip with my family. I got to see everyone in the fam that lives in Illinois. My aunt and uncle who live in "Aurora, a suburb of Chicago," my cousin Kristi and her son Russell, who live in Wheaton and then Lisa and family who live in Hinckley, where there is more corn than I have ever seen. I had a great time with all of them, especially with the kids. It's so crazy to see my cousins with their families. Oh and Lisa did take me to the most amazing place, Portillo's where I had the best hot dog of my life! NO joke, it was fantastic! I never knew hot dogs could be so good.

Now I even get to say that I was in Illinois when Barack Obama was elected president! haha. I mean I was not even gonna try to go to the city, but as I watched in on TV I thought "wow, that's happening just a short drive from here and I'm so glad I am not in that mess!"

All in all, one of the best vacations I've had in a long time. Thank you Chicago!



Something we never see in Cali, a bare tree, a green tree, a red tree and an orange tree and all of them right outside of my uncle's house.



That's Rebekah, my cousin Lisa's oldest.



Kristi and Russell.



Portillo's...mmmmm....



Jacoub liked it too.





Lisa and Matthew.



The corn fields of Hinckley. It was seriously everywhere and we were maybe an hour from the city. Crazy.



And last one of the most beautiful trees I've seen in a long time. I took this when I stopped by the hotel to pick up my phone charger which I had left there on Sunday...oops!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

there is a portillos in mo-val that billy and annie go to all the time.

im surprised you havent heard them talk about it!

i still think you are in chicago.

cause i havent seen you since you left.

so there.

nicole said...

mmm, i heard that there is one in mo val and i think one in buena park too. it was really good.

aww...that made me sad. :(