Tuesday, November 25, 2008

As promised...Chicago blog #2

Wow, it’s been awhile since I’ve come to visit my blog and I’ve been a busy bee. I was just looking through photos and I have so much that I haven’t come over here to blog on so I’m sure there will be a ton of them in a very short period of time.

But…back to Chicago. It’s kind of hard to blog about my vacation because I had such a great time and I really am sad to be back at home. I mean, I love home, but it was such a great trip. Sunday was the day after Leigh’s wedding and I was on my way to the city with Martin, Nicole and Daniella. We wanted to do the architecture tour which is on a boat and they take you around the city and talk about a lot of the large buildings there. We got our tickets, grabbed some breakfast at the Corner Bakery and then headed over to our tour. Luckily the weather was beautiful that day and it wasn’t too cold, although I did have on a short sleeve tee over a long sleeve tee with a hoodie and a scarf so I guess I was kind of bundled up. It was an awesome tour, even if I did doze off a teeny tiny little bit for a minute (which I think Martin may have pictures of.)







After that we said goodbye to Daniella who had to catch a plane back to NYC and headed to the Art Institute of Chicago. There was this beautiful garden where I took this picture of Nicole and Martin. (I think it should be their Christmas photo! haha.)



The museum had a great restaurant where I had an organic rice risotto with butternut squash, pears, pecans and parmesan cheese. It was amazing! Then we ventured into the museum which probably would have taken us forever except for the fact that we were all exhausted. We tore through that museum focused on the sections we wanted to see, ending with the miniatures which were pretty freaking cool. Since we were all beat at this point we headed out to Nicole and Martin’s hotel walking briskly in the sprinkling rain with all the Bears fans that were heading back home from the Bears game. It was really neat and to top it off we stopped at Argo tea where I was able to get Raspberry Bubble tea…it was amazing.

No comments: