Monday, January 5, 2009

Christmas!

It finally happened...and I had a great one I must admit.

I spent Christmas Eve with the Cortez family, as usual. Every year I think there can't possibly be more presents than the year before, but somehow every year there manages to be even more presents under the tree. It was a great time and I had so much food; champurrado, tamales, cinnamon buns, and the list goes on and on. Oh, and I got the MOST AMAZING PRESENT EVER! I pretty much picked it out in a round about kind of way, but it deserves it's own blog...so more to come later! :)



Christmas day I headed over to my mom's house for Christmas morning festivities and breakfast. Then it was off to Lake Isabella, I left my mom's at 10:00 and it was a treacherous 4.5 hour drive! It started off a bit shady when I hit Devore and visibility was extremely low.



I sat in traffic, stopped traffic, for about 30 minutes which wasn't bad and after I came out of the fog I got to Highway 395 where I was reminded of God's promise with an amazing rainbow.



So I thought, "Wow, it's gonna be smooth sailing the rest of the way!" And it was for an hour and a half and then I saw this...



And within 15 minutes I was faced with the worst weather I have ever driven through alone. (The worst weather I have ever driven through EVER was in Louisiana on our way home from Georgia when we hit some sort of hurricane like storm and I screamed and scared Chris Kretzu out of his lovely slumber!) It quickly turned into a very slow, very windy, extremely rainy and snowy drive up to the Lake. Walker Pass looked beautiful covered in snow, and the lake looked more like an ocean with the wind blowing the waves onto the shore.







I finally made it up to the Heaton residence and it was gorgeous. Snow flurries...which turned into hail. But we had an awesome Christmas day complete with our very own Santa Uncle Brad!





We finished the day off with an amazing dinner and then it was off to bed. I woke up at about 6:30 AM with an awful migraine but was greeted with this beautiful sight.



Later that day, we drove to Lake Isabella and the lake was in rare, snowy form.



All in all it was an amazing holiday. I think even the doggies enjoyed it!

No comments: