So, here we go.
School #1: Oregon College of Arts and Crafts, or OCAC
Location: Portland, OR

A beautiful, small campus located about 10 - 15 minutes from the heart of the city on the train.

Things that I absolutely loved about this school were that it is so beautiful. Most of Portland is gorgeous and green and that is definitely a plus for me. The school is also pretty small and consists of mostly older students. So basically it's a small community full of people who are like me; about 25 - 29 and making a career change. I find that an extremely attractive quality in this school.
The facilities are nice and not too modern. Another quality I find wonderful. I'm definitely interested in a craft based focus that isn't too contemporary. This school seemed to have that quality and feel.
Now, some negatives...it's in Portland. I found that people there to be, well, less than friendly. I'll be honest as far as the school went and the people I encountered there it was lovely and a perfect fit...but...the time I spent just around Portland really made me feel less than enthused about moving there.
Sad to say...I think that this school might be perfect for me if it just wasn't in Portland.

No comments:
Post a Comment