Wednesday, August 26, 2009

School #6; Moore College of Art and Design

Moore College of Art and Design
Location: Philadelphia, PA



This is the only all women's school on my list, actually it's the only all women's art school in the US. Besides a lackluster tour, to say the least. There were some great redeeming qualities to this school. Firstly, it is in a great location. Swann Fountain is right outside of the school's doors and it is just beautiful.

The school is pretty centralized into two adjoining buildings. As wonderful as this is the school's facilities left a bit to the imagination. The ceramics kilns were all very small, with a moderate amount of workspace. The fibers area was better but still not great.

I think that although a nice school, I'm pretty sure this isn't the right place for me. Like Brenda said, "THERE'S NO BOYS!" haha.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Haha! I laughed out loud!

If there are no boys then what do you have to look forward to? ;)