Wednesday, August 26, 2009

School #4: Columbus College of Art and Design

Columbus College of Art and Design (CCAD)
Location: Columbus, Ohio



CCAD is a pretty nice school located in the heart of Columbus. I wish I could say that I think that CCAD is an option for me but I'm pretty sure that it is not. Here's why, besides the fact that it's an AMAZING school in a GREAT city they don't really offer a fibers program similar to what I am looking for. Since I am looking for a school that can provide me with both a ceramics and fibers program from a craft based perspective it's pretty important to me that the school match that criteria. Additionally there is a 1 year foundation program at CCAD that can't be avoided and I don't really want to be in a place where past classes won't credit towards those classes. An extra year = a lot of extra money I don't have.

It's kind of a bummer since I really loved and enjoyed Columbus a ton. But I have to be honest with myself and I know that a school that doesn't offer a fibers program like I am looking for isn't going to be an option.

:(

No comments: