Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Phil Wickham

Phil Wickham is really amazing. If you are looking for some great worship I highly recommend him. I haven't had a chance to get his new album yet but I love his first one. His lyrics are great. I've been listening to him a lot, he gives me a sense of peace. Here are some of my favorite lyrics.

From the song Grace:
I need eyes to be my guide
I need a voice that’s louder than mine
I need hope I need You
Cause I can’t do this alone

I like this set of lyrics because it's so true. We NEED Jesus and grace, we literally can't do it alone, but at the same time we don't have to do it alone. Jesus promised we would never be alone again.

Next...Mystery. I just think that so much of God is a mystery to us. I'm not even sure that our human minds can really truly understand so many of God's truths but I do know that one of the greatest mysterys of all, for me anyhow, is his neverending love for His people.
Here in the Quiet speak to me now
I want to hear the thunder of who You are
To be captured inside the wonder of who You are
I want to live I want to breathe
To search out Your heart and all of Your mysteries

You were the first and You’ll be the end
Time cannot hold You down
Why save a wretch like me?
No eye has seen, no ear has heard
No heart could fully know
All of Your mystery


I Will Wait for You There
I will wait for You there
Down On my knees where I met you
Cause life is a war fought with tears
But You are the strength I hold onto now
I’m calling for you


Finally, Divine Romance.
The fullness of Your grace is here with me
The richness of Your beauty’s all I see
The brightness of Your glory has arrived
In Your presence God, I’m completely satisfied


Divine Romance really hits me every time. I was actually surprised to hear it played as part of Sunday morning worship at Reality L.A. Surprised in a good way, but I had forgotten how powerful it is. I mean to realize that we really have a chance to "rejoice in this divine romance" is almost unfathomable. God gives us an opportunity to have this wonderful divine romance with him...he longs to have that with us. How much more could you really ask for?

No comments: