Friday night…please refer to the post below with the ice packs…
Saturday was my sister’s baby shower. Since I planned her shower I still had a ton to do when Saturday morning rolled around. I was up at 7 and packed up the car and headed over to Albertson’s to get balloons and then to pick up my brother at his dad’s house then over to my mom’s. Grabbed my mom and headed over to Sam’s Club to pick up food and cupcakes and headed back home. We stopped to grab Jack in the Box and made it home by 9:45. Then there was all that get ready party stuff to do, I got changed just in time for the first guests to arrive. It was a great day full of games, presents, food, presents, family and friends, presents oh and did I mention, presents? Liana really got a ton of stuff and it was so nice to see everyone. I think my niece is going to be the best dressed baby on the block.
Then that night some of us headed over to Red Robin to celebrate my mom and my Aunt Karen’s birthday. I was so tired by then but it was nice to see them laughing together. I’m sure when I’m 50 and Liana’s 39 we’ll be the same way! Haha. Crazy age difference.
I got home at 9:30 and was in bed by like 10 I was so tired. Sunday I got up bright and early to head over to Anaheim to have breakfast with my friend Ricky who was here from Seattle for Gay Days at Disneyland. We had an awesome breakfast at IHOP and we laughed a ton and talked about how we might lose our jobs soon and about any and everything you could think of. He is an amazing person and I always love to see him. It’s so strange to think that in his life he has to make these decisions that are similar to decisions I make everyday but I never really think twice about whereas he has to think extra about how these same decisions would affect him because he's a gay man. A good example; I never think twice about where I wanna move to I just look at places I think would be cool but Ricky and I were talking this same topic I realized that Ricky has to think about how friendly the community he wants to move to will be. Tolerance is something that’s really taken for granted in California. I think we forget that other places aren’t as diverse and welcoming as we are. Oh and he came over to see me sporting his Gay Days t-shirt, which was awesome. I’m so glad I got to see him, it was a great morning.

Then on to some work at home, no fun at all, but that’s ok because I spent my night in anticipation of probably one of the best shows I have ever been to, MxPx and Rancid at the Henry Fonda. I went to the show with amazing people, got to sit in the balcony like the true old person that I am, played some MASH with Natalie, IM’ed a ton with Corre because he was four people away from me and then best of all, enjoyed what really was just an awesome show by MxPx and Rancid. Both bands played a ton of old stuff and it totally took me back to high school and just feeling like a kid again. I can’t even really say how great they were, but I’m afraid to see them play again because if they aren’t that good then it would just be disappointing. Oh...and Tim Armstrong...so dreamy. haha.

So yeah…basically, it was an awesome weekend.

No comments:
Post a Comment