So, we all have those body parts that we are self conscious about. Some people don’t like their hands, others don’t like their teeth some don’t like their noses…for me well…I’m not particularly fond of the fact that my butt and hips are on the bigger than average side. It’s kind of one of those things that I’m a little more self conscious about than others. Like I hate that buying pants that fit my butt and hips means I HAVE to wear a belt since they will be too big in the waist. I also hate that I actually tend to knock people and things over when I don’t mean to. (Ask my little sister who I about knocked to the floor when she was 9 months pregnant, it can be very dangerous people!)
Then there’s that whole, well how do I put this, there’s this whole thing about whether or not my butt is actually gonna be a deal breaker when it comes to guys. Being a girl that prefers vanilla to chocolate, (I can’t help it! That’s how God made me! Not that there aren’t some fine brothas out there, because there are…) but it’s been my personal experience that most guys I find attractive aren’t the guys who like girls with a little extra. Sigh. It’s a horrible conundrum!
Anyhow, when I feel down I just turn to some of my favorite rappers who always like to remind me that it’s a good thing to be a girl with some junk in the trunk. It’s ok that they are all black, that really doesn’t bother me because you know me if the right man came along and he was a chocolate covered brotha that’d be alright with me.
Sir Mix-A-Lot, “Baby Got Back”
I mean the title says it all really and the song just further elaborates on this notion of the girl with the perfect BIG butt. “I'm tired of magazines / Sayin' flat butts are the thing / Take the average black man and ask him that / She gotta pack much back.” I’m tired of magazines too Sir Mix-A-Lot.
And then of course, “You can do side bends or sit-ups, / But please don't lose that butt.” Umm…trust me even when I was like working out all the time…it didn’t go anywhere I don’t think I could lose it if I wanted too!
Kanye West featuring T-Pain, Good Life
Kanye makes a couple references in this song, “And she got the goods / And she got that ass, I got to look, sorry.” It’s ok Kanye, just don’t stare.
And then of course, “Where we like the girls who ain't on TV / Cause they got more (Ass than the models)” I mean what more is there to add to that?
Ludacris, Pimpin’ All Over the World
I know a lot of you know my favorite reference comes from this song, and it makes me smile every time I hear it. “Hey I'm really diggin ya lips, but be careful where you walkin when you swingin them hips, I'm kinda Concerned that you'll be causin a crash wit ya traffc jam booty, heads pausin so fast.” I say it all the time and I mean it, I want a traffic jam booty!
I think that’s enough examples for now, and this whole blog was done mostly in fun…but you know what they say every time you joke about something there’s a little bit of truth in it and truth is…it’s a little bit of an insecurity of mine but somehow I just have to learn to live with it because it’s going NOWHERE! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Oh
Wow
;-)
Post a Comment