I’ve decided that I want a little old house. Not really a fixer upper because I just don’t have the time but something kind of like a Craftsman bungalow. Kind of like Jacob and Theresa’s house for those of you that know them.

I want it to have a cute little 1950’s style kitchen complete with old school appliances, (or the ones that look old school but are new and don’t have the old school appliance problems.) I want it to have a cool oven with two doors and an old refrigerator. I want it to feel like my grandma’s kitchen with wooden cabinets and pretty white curtains. I want there to be a rug in front of the sink that my dogs lie on while they watch me cook dinner and hope for little pieces of food to fall off the counter.

Then the rest of the house is much less specific, for some reason my kitchen is huge to me. That's probably because of the amount of time I spent in my grandma’s growing up. I want a kitchen table for everyday meals and a dining room table for special occasions. Oh…and no TV in the kitchen!
I want a little backyard and a porch…a porch would be awesome. I could sit out there with my dogs lying inside the house just on the other side of the screen door and crochet on a lovely autumn or spring day. That would be amazing. Even better would be if I had a view of the mountains, or a lake, (like this picture I took on my last camping trip.) That would totally be icing on the cake.
Then someday when I’m married I can get up early on Sunday mornings and turn on some Johnny Cash, Marty Robbins, or some other old country music crooner, throw on an apron and make breakfast for me and my husband in my perfect little house.
Yep…that’s what I want.

3 comments:
mmmmm... you have some good taste. i want that same exact style home and everything else. get it get it! haha
haha, i'm working on it!
...i don't get it.
Post a Comment