Sometimes I really wonder if I am losing my focus. I am focused on doing what God has for me but I think that lately I seem to see all of those things related to my life. Maybe that doesn't make sense. I used to, and still do, have a passion for the world. For things like AIDS in Africa, human trafficking in Europe, natural disaster victims in Asia, the discarded women of India. I have a heavy heart for the world, but I feel like I have lost focus of these things. I miss preparing for a mission trip. I long to plan a fundraiser for something that speaks to my heart. I want to be more involved. I try to do my part but I don't ever think I will feel like I am doing enough.
I have become really aware lately of the things I buy, how I buy them, what I eat, who is around me. I keep seeing all of these issues in my food, in my durable and non durable goods, in the people on the street. I just keep wondering when I got lazy. Maybe I'm not but it feels that way sometimes.
I don't want to lose focus and forget the issues that mean so much to me. I guess it all comes down to this season of change my life is in because realistically I feel like I'm barely getting along so how could I possibly focus on anything when I can't even focus on the simple little things. I can't decide what city to live in let alone plan any kind of fundraiser.
Sigh...this has got to end at some point, right?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
you are gonna really dig http://wikichoice.com/ once it launches.
its basically a centralized shopping list of products that support fair trade, no slave labor, etc etc.
hard to explain quickly. but its basically an easy shopping tool for people that are very concerned about social justice.
i know i have told you this 50 times today, but i'm so excited about this. i can't wait! thanks for the heads up. i signed up for their subscription list.
Post a Comment