Monday, April 20, 2009

The Letter "C"

I was tagged by Candice to blog 10 things I love about the letter "c." So, here they are, in no particular order.

1. Creativity - It's one of my favorite things to do, sit down and create something. It always amazes me that a ball of yarn and a stick or two can turn into a hat, scarf, sweater, etc. or that a pencil/pen/paintbrush with paint and a piece of paper/canvas can create amazing pictures/paintings or that a camera can take the everyday things we see and turn them into captivating photographs or that musical talent and an instrument can create beautiful songs. Creativity amazes me.


2. Ceramics - Possibly my favorite studio art form. I love that you can take a slab of clay and turn it into a vessel in a very short amount of time. It's messy, immediate, hands on and fantastic. I can't wait to be in a studio again.


3. Corre - He's one of my favorites. One of the best friends I've got. Knows most of my secrets and never tells a soul. He always listens and I can trust him with any piece of information. He's an amazing friend.


4. Chihuahuas - I never thought that this little breed of dog would EVER be one of my favorite things but my little dog has turned that all around for me. She's my little 4.5 pounds of unconditional love. She relies on me to take care of her and in return she loves me like only a little dog can. Sure she shakes a whole lot and can be a little scrappy and barky but that's part of her charm. Best lil' chihuahua ever.


5. Cash - As in Johnny Cash. He's probably my favorite country artist and definitely in my top 5 favorite music picks. No matter what song it is the sound of that deep, gravelly voice kind of soothes my soul.

6. California - As much as I want to move I know I love this place. It will always be where I came from, the place I was born, that feels like home. I can't argue that the weather is amazing, even if I hate the heat. And even though I'm not a huge beach person it's nice to have the option to go to the mountains, the beach or city in the matter of an hour or two.


7. Coffee - It's my morning love affair. I can't help it!! I'm a caffenaited coffee loving addict! I'm no fun in the morning until I've had my coffee, (ask anyone who's ever worked with me.) I never understood my grandma's need to make a fresh pot of it every morning but I've definitely turned into a carbon copy of her, (except she was much tougher than I am and took her coffee black.) I really love coffee...correction, I really love FAIR TRADE coffee.

8. Cake - The band...not the dessert. (Although I do love the dessert too!) Love them or hate them they are one of my top three bands. I have seen them live several times and they never disappoint, (same goes for the other two bands in my top three.) I know everyone has their favorites and agree or disagree we all know that feeling when there's a band that no matter what's going on or where you are a song comes on and something about it just makes you happy. That's Cake for me.


9. Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch Changes - Not the Bowie song...although it is awesome. I mean life changes. Lord knows I am going through a ton of them and I think on the other side of it all I know it's going to be great but change is hard. I know EVERYONE says it, but as hard as it is it's also a great thing because it makes you a little uncomfortable. And being comfortable sometimes makes us complacent. Uncomfort is nice.

10. Last but not least, Candy Cane. She tagged me to post about my favorite "C" things and she definitely makes the list. We've had our ups and downs but she's proven to me time and time again that she loves and cares about me and would do anything to help if I needed it. I adore her and hope to always have her as a part of my life. Love you Candice.

1 comment:

Candice Brouillette said...

AWWWWW NICOOOOOLE <3
its true. i do love you and will be there for you always =]