So Sunday just had to be better...and thankfully it was. I finally made it to Borders. I have been itching to spend my Christmas present from Aunt Pammy and Uncle Brad shiny $40 giftcard for Borders. They didn't have all of the books I wanted but I was able to get some amazing books.
First, Gorgeously Green by Sophie Uliano. This is one of the books I went to look for. It's a book on the simple steps to moving towards a greener life. I'm really excited to read this book and learn the simple, easy things that I can do to make my life a little greener.

Second, Misquoting Jesus by Bart Ehrman. This was a recommendation from Mike and he says that this book might "crush (me) and how (I) think." I'm looking forward to it.

Third, Crazy Love by Francis Chan. I've wanted it for awhile. I think he's an amazing speaker and I think what this book is about is perfect for me and where I'm at right now. I've held off on buying it for a long time now, idk why, but I'm glad to own it now.

Lastly, the lastest edition of VegNews. One of my favorite magazines. Has a great looking recipe for vegan Chai Rice Pudding and had this article that a certain Philadelphian might enjoy.


Then after I rushed home with my wonderful books it was about time to pick up Corre for his tattoo appointment. I went down with him to Costa Mesa to keep him company and talk to Carlos about some work for me. We got there and Carlos was running late with his prior appointment, (typical in the tattoo shop,) so Corre and I went over to The Lab to enjoy the freaking HOT day and check out Buffalo Exchange. It was an Earth Day extravaganza over there. They were celebrating early with a DJ and specials at all the stores. Corre picked up a hat and I just took in the sights. Then it was back to the shop to wait it out some more. Then it was time, time for Corre to endure some pain.

He may look like he's sleeping but he's concentrating on trying not to concentrate on the pain. Carlos, who I've never really had the chance to talk to, was awesome to chat with. We talked about church and veganism and a bunch of other things which Corre told me later helped to keep him from being focused on the pain. As soon as Corre was finished we headed over to Native Foods. Thanks to a little talking to from Carlos and I, Corre was open to the idea of eating there. We had an awesome vegan dinner of "Chicken" sandwiches and fries of the sweet and regular potato varieties. Even Corre agreed that it was good, I love that, when vegan food can change someone's mind about it.

All in all, Sunday was a great day.

No comments:
Post a Comment