Saturday, April 4, 2009

Why I could never be like the statistic in my previous post.

This is what the current stack of reading material next to my bed looks like.

These are the books I'm currently going through minus one. I'm also reading the third book in the Twilight series.

There are two bibles, my New King James study bible and my New Living Translation that's been around the world with me. I have a thing for bibles. Most of them are in storage but I love reading my bible using different versions. Kind of helps me to get a better idea of what's being said. I especially love when the different versions say exactly the same thing in the same verse.

There is the Art of Basic Drawing that I bought when I picked up my pencils again to draw something specially requested by Brenda. That book reminded me a lot of what I learned when I was in college and reminds me how much I love art.

The Man Comes Around is about the spiritual journey of Johnny Cash. I think I've read parts of this book several times but I really enjoy it. I brought it along with me when I moved because it's just time to finally finish it.

I have an affinity for Stephen King books. It's a love affair that started long, long ago when I was about 14. I picked this book up on my way to Chicago. It's weird, of course, but good. Typical SK.

There are two books by Lisa Bevere. Out of Control and Loving It! (which I know sounds like a bad after school special,) was recommended to me by Jason because he read it and thought it would be perfect for me based on where I am in life right now. It's about being out of control in life but being ok with it because if we are out of control but let God control our lives then it's ok. Then we'll begin to realize that we're right where God wants us to be. It's a great book. The other one, The True Measure of a Woman seems like it's going to be great too...but I'm supposed to be going through that one with a friend so I haven't read past the first chapter.

Then there are the two books that I just can't put down. Spiritual House Cleaning and How to Minister Freedom. Both are books about spiritual warfare focusing on how to make sure your house is spiritually clean and keep it that way and the other to teach about how to deal with different aspects of spiritual warfare. They are both very good books. I'm really into them both and learning a lot.

So, why so many books all at once. Well, it's simple...I get bored easily. I read several books at once because it helps me to really read and learn and not get bored. Some of the easier reads I can just sit and crank out but I try to spread my reading around so I get some of the good stuff in too.

I'm always taking suggestions on new books to read, so if you have any send them my way!

2 comments:

DANCEACROSSTHESEA said...

can i read the man comes arounddddddd :)

nicole said...

of course you can...once i FINALLY finish the stinking thing!